Football Equipment Care
The information below can be used as a cleaning guide throughout the season. Pads and helmet as a practice do not need to be cleaned on a weekly basis. "All in one pants" and Jerseys will more than likely need cleaning on a regular basis.
- Shoulder pads: Wipe with soapy sponge. Towel dry excess water. Lightly spray with Fabreeze (NOT Lysol). Air dry overnight.
- Helmet: Wash with soapy sponge inside and out to remove dirt. Remove the cheek pads and chin strap and softly scrub. Remove the mouth guard and keep or throw away (do not turn it in). Make sure to clean the points where the face mask meets the helmet - grass and mud can get lodged in the crevices. PLEASE LEAVE the logo on. Towel dry everything. Air dry overnight.
- Game Jersey: Please see care instructions HERE!
- All-in-one pants: Machine wash. Hang up to air dry overnight (all-in-ones should not be machine-dried). If the hip pad is curled over from previous season use, simply place weight on flat surface as they dry.
Cheerleading Equipment Care
Skirt/Top - Please do not remove tags. Wash on gentle, lay flat to dry. Do not bleach.
Shoes - Shoes must be clean for games. You can wear them to practice if you can keep them clean.
Bows - Do not use the ponytail holder on the bow by itself. Put hair in a ponytail first and add the bow on top. This will keep the ponytail holder on the bow from breaking.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE EQUIPMENT CARE GUIDELINES AND/OR THE RETURN OF DIRTY OR DAMAGED EQUIPMENT DUE TO LACK OF CARE WILL RESULTS IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR EQUIPMENT DEPOSIT.
Returning Your Equipment
Thank you for your diligence and care of our Tahoma Junior Bears Football equipment - your efforts help to keep our costs down!
- Thoroughly clean your gear: See cleaning instructions above. If not cleaned properly it will be stored in bad condition through the winter, which can shrink the duration of seasonal use.
- Prepare gear to be turned in: Once everything is completely dry, place it all in a plastic bag and ensure your child's name is clearly & securely attached to the bag.
- Turn in your gear as directed by your Head Coach: Your head coach or team manager will have the necessary details as the season draws to a close. Additionally, you will likely receive an email communication on this subject.
If at any time during the season, you feel that there is an issue with your child's equipment, please discuss this with your Head Coach immediately. You may also contact the Equipment Manager. THS Jr. Bears Refund Policy